Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Awareness Ribbons

So I have been thinking about this a lot. I want to buy a charm bracelet and get all of these charms to put on it. 

1) Lavender - cancer awareness - cuz CANCER SUCKS!

2) Orchid - testicular cancer awareness - because although my dad doesn't consider himself a cancer survivor, he had cancer and he survived, he is living today to tell the tale - not much of a tale because his "struggle" with cancer wasn't very long. He was one of the "lucky" ones.

3) Dark Blue - colon cancer awareness - because my mother-in-law wants everyone to remember to get their colon checked. Because she doesn't want anyone else to get colon cancer. Because cancer stole the opportunity for my daughters to get to know their Ya Ya while in this world. Because she is a guardian angel watching over my children.

4) Orange - leukemia cancer awareness - because my little niece is fighting the battle of her life, for her life. Because no child should have to suffer from cancer. No mother should have to watch their child endure through cancer. Because my sister-in-law is dealing with this every day. . .

5) Pink and Blue - pregnancy and infant loss awareness - because I am not afraid to talk about my loss, because there is strength in sharing your story with others. Because 1 of every 4 pregnancies end in a miscarriage. Because I have had 6 pregnancies and I have 2 beautiful daughters. Because it doesn't matter how many pregnancies you have had, it doesn't matter how many children you have, it doesn't matter how many miscarriages you have had, a miscarriage always tugs at your heartstrings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment