Friday, June 21, 2013

Stay At Home Mom

So I've been reading about some stay at home moms who regret staying home with their kids.  I know being home all day with your kids isn't for everyone, so if it isn't your cup of tea, I recommend finding some part time work to do in or out of the home to help you cope.  It's like the sign in my mom's house says, "If Mama ain't happy, nobody is happy."

I, on the other hand, hate having to work out of the home.  It is necessary and I dread it.  I want to be the one who raises my daughter, not other people.  Now, I am finding myself struggling with trying to make money from home.  I spend all this time working and networking and job searching that, although I am home, I feel like I am still neglecting her.

I know it can be done.  I can find a way to make a living from home and still give the attention my daughter, husband, and housework require.  I know there is an adjustment period.  I am just afraid time will run out and I'll end up working out of the home again and all this time I've spent at home trying to make a living could have been spent being with her and being a better housekeeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment