Friday, September 6, 2013

Emails at work

I heard a news report on the radio about how much time is spent at work checking emails.  Then it got me thinking. The report was missing so many factors.  Why were they checking their emails?  Were they responding to customers? Were they answering questions from co-workers?  

I know someone who works with people all over the world. They will send him their questions via email.  They are working on the other side of the world while he is sleeping (day time there, night time here).  Then in the morning he has to address all those email questions.  He can't call them, they're sleeping!  

Sure, there are people who waste their time at work responding to personal emails, too.  Anyway, my point is, there are lots of people who spend a lot of time responding to emails during work because it is a part of their job.  I think that report needs to be redone and retold giving us more facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment